Leaders of Today and Tomorrow
LAMP is always an exciting time for members of the Leaders of Today and Tomorrow, GAMA International’s program for field leaders who are age 40 and younger or who have fewer than five years of industry management experience.
LoTT Happy Hour
Sunday, March 10, 2013
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
LAMP '13 LoTT-Specific Programming
Monday, March 11, 2013
1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
5. The Ultimate Retention and Development Tool
John H. Yacoubian
Through a systematic process, John Yacoubian and his partners have developed a program to demystify the role of frontline manager for interested advisors. John will explain how this three-step process answers the questions many managerial candidates have, determines whether they possess the skills to be successful, and coaches them through the first year. Through this process, new managers get a jump start to their new career and hit the ground running.
- Strategies to increase retention and development rates of new advisors
- Techniques to identify the right management candidates
- Guidance on implementing the ultimate mentoring program
7. Strategic Referral Sources
Krista L. Swainsbury
Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company
The best candidates usually come from centers of influence and advisor referrals. Using the power of social media, Krista Swainsbury has developed systems that will improve both the quality and quantity of the candidates you source from these important meetings. During this session, Krista will take an in-depth look at advanced LinkedIn recruiting methods and provide step-by-step instruction to grow a referral culture within your agency.
- Specific criteria to consider when prospecting for new centers of influence
- A schedule of prospecting activities to use with your advisors to maximize their referrals
- An in-depth understanding of LinkedIn best practices
Monday, March 11, 2013
2:50 pm – 3:50 pm
9. Building the Future: Developing a Leadership Succession Team
Greek and Spanish Interpretation
Allen Jackson, LUTCF
Transamerica Agency Network
succession team. He prepared his future leaders by creating a system that allows potential managers to experience and assist with crucial duties such as recruiting, training, and joint field work, and lets Allen focus on coaching and developing managers into a leadership team.
- Requirements and criteria suggestions for selecting your leadership succession team
- A detailed list of what must be addressed with potential leaders during the different development periods of the first year
- Ways to use a structured plan that focuses on accountability to get results
12. Find, Relate, Connect: You’ve Selected Them — Now Make Sure They Select You
Michael D. Becker, ChFC LUTCF
Mutual of Omaha
Go inside the mind of your next recruit and discover the secrets to ensure that top candidates select your firm when they decide to join the financial services industry. Mike Becker and Nic Romero will share their insights on key issues candidates consider when selecting a firm and how you can address these concerns to differentiate your opportunity from others. Discover the strategies Mike and Nic have used to succeed, and leave with a variety of recruiting tactics to improve your results.
- Key culture factors that will improve your acceptance ratios with top recruits
- Ways to cultivate leadership among your recruits and groom them for your management team
- Crucial components to maximize college recruiting results
17. Virtually Possible
Stephen T. Molen, FIC
David Saviage, M.B.A., ChFC FIC
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
Using technology to improve business practices is certainly not a new concept, but many in the industry struggle to effectively implement the capabilities available today. Steve and David will share how they are delivering training, information, and support to their advisors in a way that not only reduces costs and time away from the office, but also increases production.
- Ways to ensure consistent training, recruiting and selection, and new-advisor launch across geographically diverse areas
- Strategies to leverage the power of specialists through virtual joint-work appointments
- Guiding principles to develop your technology strategy in a way that ensures implementation success
21. It’s All About Smart Growth
Joseph D. LoPresti, ChFC LUTCF
Discover the success equation that Joseph LoPresti used to achieve double-digit growth for his team during the last three years. In this session, he will share the systems and processes he uses to select new advisors and coach new and existing advisors to greater success. Joe will also reveal the tools and techniques he uses to help his advisors manage their practices, maximize their efforts, and improve their results.
- A selection process and timeline of pre-contracting activities
- Recommendations for coaching new and veteran advisors to success
- Tools and exercises to assist advisors in managing their practices and improving overall performance
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
2:50 PM – 4:50 PM
LAMP Special Session
22. LoTT Session: A Fierce Conversation: How Any Conversation Can Change Your Business
Maurice B. Springer, CLF
New York Life Insurance Company
This interactive session will change your basic understanding of conversations and the power they hold in your leadership, achieving results, and building relationships. Learn how to possess the skill and the will to tackle and resolve your organization’s toughest challenges, while building an open, direct and respectful culture. Fierce Conversations change the way we connect with each other, alter our perceptions of what it means to lead, and can become the behavior that propels individuals and teams toward success. In this session, you will walk away with immediately applicable tools to apply to your everyday interactions with your team.
For more information about LoTT or the LoTT programming at LAMP, email GAMA.