Frequently Asked Questions
What are the GAMA International Awards?
The GAMA International Awards recognize excellence in traditional and contemporary field management throughout the financial services industry. They include the following prestigious awards:
- Recruiting Specialist Award
- Frontline Leader Award
- International Management Award
- Master Agency Award
- Master Firm Award
- Master Multiline Award
How do I apply?
Step 1: Pay Your 2014 GAMA Membership Dues
Only members of GAMA International whose dues are paid for 2014 are eligible for the GAMA Awards Program. To check if your dues are current, please check your renewal status online. To log into your GAMA web account, you’ll need your GAMA member ID # (on your GAMA International Journal mailing label) and password (your last name, all lowercase with no spaces or punctuation). If your dues are not current, you may pay them at that time. If you have additional questions about your membership status, please call the Membership Department at 888-275-0091. If you are not a member and wish to join GAMA International, you may do so by completing the online membership application.
Step 3: Submit Application By:
What are the filing fees?
The following filing fees are required with your application:
- Recruiting Specialist Award — $75
- Frontline Leader Award — $100
- International Management Award — $150
- Master Agency Award, Master Firm Award, Master Multiline Award — $300
What if my agency/firm does not have any property and casualty or broker/dealer business?
Property and casualty, noninsurance products, and any products other than individual life are not mandatory. Simply total your production without any of these products and leave those portions of the certification form blank.
Can I apply for both the Frontline Leader Award and the International Management Award?
Yes, you may apply for both awards if you meet the criteria for both awards. This requires that you manage at least eight full-time agents, as well as meet minimum commission levels for both awards. To receive both awards, you must apply for each award individually and pay the fee for each award.
How do I order a plaque to announce my award?
Please visit gama-gear.com, and choose the plaque designed for your award. Or, send an email inquiry to GAMA Gear.
What is an add-on plate? Do I need to order one with my plaque?
Many plaques are multiyear, with space to attach plates that list additional years in which you qualified for the award. If you are ordering your first plaque and this is the first year in which you qualified for an award, then you do not need to order an add-on year plate. The current year plate is always delivered with the plaque.
If you already have a plaque and wish to order a plate for the current year or you wish to commemorate the achievements of additional years, then you can do this by ordering add-on year plates.
- For plaques distributed before 2008: Select the bronze add-on year plate option, specify the award year and award level, and check the appropriate box if you are a “Plus” award qualifier. The bronze add-on year plates attach to your plaque with adhesive tape.
- For plaques received in 2008 or 2010: Select the silver add-on year plate option, specify the award year and award level, and check the appropriate box if you are a “Plus” award qualifier. The silver add-on year plates attach to your plaque magnetically.